Server Issues

Home Forums DayZ Epoch Server Issues

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  carcus 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

SilentSolitude
    Participant

I know you are a busy busy man, But can we get a stable server up in this joint? The server is down 70% of the time at present, I heard the auto restart is broken, and i feel like thats kinda a big deal… The player base for the server was starting to pick up and now its crashed again due to the server never being up…

Thanks in advance.
    Solus

carcus
    Keymaster

I would love to but it’s out of my control. I can’t login to the servers TCAdmin interface because it is down and that same tool looks after the scheduled restarts which is broken. It’s all hosted with the provider so I can’t do anything to fix it. I realise it’s a pain trust me, but if I could fix it myself I would, it’s not just because I’m busy and haven’t kept up with maintenance so it keeps crashing. The server doesn’t actually crash, the server shutdowns down after 3 hours but the scheduled restart is broken and doesn’t bring it back up.

When I can login again I was planning to turn off the Battleeye shutdowns but the downside is the server would never restart and eventually crash but at least it will give you more game time.

Stick with me, the provider is a pain and slow to resolve issues but I’m sure they will come through. Yesterday I was looking at other providers actually but reading reviews people all complain about the same things and they all use TCAdmin so if some of the functionality is broken in an update then it will affect all services.

Please be patient, I’m sorry but there is little we can do at the moment but wait for them to resolve it.

SilentSolitude
    Participant

I thought that might of been the case, obviously im gonna stick around, Just a pain because… #Bored.
    Just wanted to know what the problem is, Cant stress over things outta your control.
    And I know you aint lazy, Just figured you may of had to start servers yourself and im assuming you have a life…
    Soooo… more was looking at what times servers would be up to work around it.

Thanks,
    Solitude

carcus
    Keymaster

No worries, I’ll keep you updated. I just checked again and its still dead. Here is the link I need to get into FYI http://acp.vilayer.com.

carcus
    Keymaster

Latest update is the ACP Login is back up again but unfortunately the scheduled restarts are still broken but the provider has finally acknowledged it so hoping they will resolve it soon.

Also regarding the DDoS of the network node we are on causing outages, the General Manager of the provider stated the following:

“We have had a few issues but the team have made a few adjustments and hopefully after their latest adjustments this should help resolve the issue.”

I will keep an eye on it, 2/3 issues have hopefully been resolved for good. Just the scheduled restarts to go and we should be back to normal again.

carcus
    Keymaster

The server restarts are now fixed except now the server timezone is completely out. It won’t affect your gameplay at all but i will look at getting it fixed so I don’t set the wrong restart times when I make changes to the server.

carcus
    Keymaster

FYI, the local time zone and server restarts are now fixed. Let’s hope it stays that way now. I am keeping an eye on the addweaponcargo kicks introduced with the last Arma 3 update and adding in the exemptions as I see them and also providing the feedback to the EpochMod devs so they can include it in the next patch.

Abe
    Participant

Hi Carcus,
    The server seems a lot better, was on this morning and not kicked transferring AI loot from my vehicles and not booted by battleye, convoy AI seem to just stand and not engage with the player, may be that I’m in a tank, however in the missions the AI engage the players with anti armour rockers so it must be in the convey scripts.
    Cheers

Abe
    Participant

Since my last post the server been down, hope my comments did put a curse on the server saying it was good.

carcus
    Keymaster

Haha yea you jinxed it!! Unfortunately server is experiencing an outage again, they usually say it’s a DDoS attack on the network node. Every time it happens I report it and they say they have made changes and it should be good now and then it happens again. This time I reported and they said they will look at adding another layer of DDoS protection. I asked about being put on another network node as we are all sick of the outages. Anyways, as always I will keep you updated and again sorry for the inconvenience.

carcus
    Keymaster

Still waiting for a reply from the provider…

Abe
    Participant

Thanks for the update, gives me time to finish my assignments and play with some scripts for epoch and exile.

carcus
    Keymaster

This is a significant outage… I’m STILL waiting for a reply from the provider and I still can’t access the admin interface. They are either super slack with replying or its wider spread.

carcus
    Keymaster

I still haven’t heard a thing. I even raised another high priority ticket stating its been down for a week now but no reply on that either. Sorry all I know this must be super frustrating when you just want to play the game.

carcus
    Keymaster

There is still no response from the provider…

We have been running servers with them for a couple years now but in the past 6 months or so it has become worse than ever. The last time we had an outage like this they said they no longer owned the IP address space and we lost both our A2 and A3 servers, configs, backups and player base along with it. They haven’t said it’s quite that bad (haven’t heard anything) but an outage like this really does take a toll on the player base which was only just starting to come back. But due to multiple outages recently and now this week and a half outage it will take months to bring people back and that’s if we don’t have any further outages.

I’m starting to think that perhaps it’s time to call it a day with the server. We just can’t seem to provide the reliable service that you want from our provider. I’ve thought about changing providers but on reading reviews they all seems to have similar problems and the ones that may be more reliable would be too expensive. Donations have dried up a bit lately and due to some big outages and a few changes of servers we have lost quite a few regulars.

EpochMod is still one of my favourite mods but as more mods came along it has become less popular and while EpochMod is still under development, the number of devs has shrunk slowing it’s progress down considerably.

I haven’t quite decided yet but I thought I would just share my thoughts with you and see what others think and whether you would like the server to continue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘DayZ Epoch’ is closed to new topics and replies.

EpochMod Forum