December 10, 2016 at 3:23 pm #4179
So, with the new mod just installed, I thought I’d start a page for it :p Firstly, for those of you that don’t know, the vote went through and we got our zombies If you haven’t already, you’ll need to install the mod to be able to jump back onto the server…..
This is the link in steam I used to download it myself for those who might not know where it is. Just click subscribe and restart your game if need be, should auto download, just ensure that it’s ticked under mods before launching from the launcher. Have any problems, leave a message here and someone should be able to help….
So far, it’s been pretty awesome. Watch yourself’s though, they randomly spawn around you… Demons (the ones that throw the cars) is off by default and Carcus said it will be something to look at later, he might even put a vote up for it…. I asked for a lot of votes, pretty sure this was one of them…. :p Thought it be more fair for everyone to have a say, even if they don’t care, it’s the thought that counts right?
The biggest problem I’ve run into so far, is gutting them… as with sappers and snakes, etc, you get soiled and I haven’t gone as far as seeing if this means I would attract cultists yet….. I’m yet to find wipes at any trader, but will have a proper look when I get back on….
Any comments or problems, post them here… I’ll see you all laterDecember 10, 2016 at 5:08 pm #4181
Thanks Reaper, you beat me to it. Homepage updated now too. If you have any issues setting it up let us know.December 10, 2016 at 6:34 pm #4187
I thought it be a good place to start with if anyone runs into any problems :p And besides, you were busy being awesome :p I’m about to hop back on, can’t wait! Dinner was nice and all, but it took me away….. lolDecember 10, 2016 at 8:30 pm #4188
1) The bodies disappear if you run them over In the video they were all still there, is it a setting that can be changed?
2) Is there a setting to change where they spawn, cause from the looks of it, they only spawn around you each time…. will check out a city/town after restart to confirm
3) Atm they don’t do that much, I can easily out walk them, turn and shoot….. They aren’t running…. is it another setting that can be looked at and with that, what about the feeding on dead bodies and perhaps the leap into the air thing? Not sure I want to try the throw cars yet though, lol
4) Perhaps remove the roaming AI/drones as discussed, but leave the missions (bandits) and convoys?December 11, 2016 at 12:49 pm #4189
1) I think I will leave this how it is. Bodies decrease fps pretty significantly. When you shoot then their bodies remain.
2) I’ll have to look into this. RyanZombies is integrated into the Epoch spawn system and at the moment and Epoch only supports the slow Style zombies but they will add further support over time. Otherwise I can look into how to run it separately that way I will have full control of the mod.
3) As above
4) Yeh I will put this up for a vote. Feel free to reply here everyone. I am thinking of removing drones and the AI they spawn. Reduce the number of missions to 3 from 4 and maybe drop a convoy as fps is taking a hit with zombies and new mission system.December 11, 2016 at 10:11 pm #4194
Tricon says you can set down spawn points. Perhaps you could put military/soldier zombie spawns down at the military bases, civilian/spider ones down in the towns/cities, they can even be set up to spawn mixDecember 12, 2016 at 9:58 pm #4200
Ok thanks, when I get a chance I’ll take a look.December 13, 2016 at 12:01 am #4201
Experienced a lot of lag last night, especially when AI would spawn right after the zombies, to the point where my game crashed twice…..December 13, 2016 at 4:48 pm #4202
Hmm ok. Was it drone, Roaming or mission AI?December 16, 2016 at 2:01 am #4218
oops, sorry! I didn’t tell me I got a reply…. :p Ummm… if I remember right, it was roaming AI. We had a group of zombies spawn in a tiny town on me and chief and my screen started flashing and going weird, but eventually returned to normal…. (almost killed myself with a nade trying to run away from the zombies while that was happening on a side note, it was hilarious), this has happened a few times to me. A second lot spawned after we killed them all, same thing happened, Chief called out AI (guessing roaming, there was no drone) and boom, bye bye game, lolDecember 16, 2016 at 2:02 am #4219
I just noticed something….. Remember how we talked about killing traders would reduce my points…. well, killing the new zombies give you negative kills, which I’m guessing is also deducting points?December 16, 2016 at 11:02 am #4220
It sounds like your crashing might be something your side especially if no one else crashed out. Perhaps you need a video card driver update or something. I’ll prob be removing the AI next year anyway for zombies instead. I don’t think killing zombies will deduct your points.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.