Post Any issues Here!?

Home Forums DayZ Epoch Post Any issues Here!?

This topic contains 124 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Abe 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 125 total)
  • Author

carcus
    Keymaster

Hey Reaper. I thought it would be up at least by the end of the weekend given that it is such a simple fix. Their support has been worse than ever lately, tickets get closed after 96 hours without any reply so you have to keep opening them etc. Anyways I’m playing the waiting game and hoping to hear something soon but can’t say how long it’s going to be. Sorry.

carcus
    Keymaster

I am STILL waiting on the provider to fix the issue, they have provided no updates whatsoever. I’m very tempted to throw in the towel…

Reaper
    Participant

noooo!

Abe
    Participant

Hi Carcus,
    It seems every couple months the server falls over, You may need to change your server provider, to a more reliable responsive one.
    I’m using Wombat for my Exile server at a $1 per player slot with no issues.
    Your Epoch server is one of the best around and would be a shame to see it go.

carcus
    Keymaster

I will persist for the time being, still haven’t heard anything today. I looked at changing providers a while back but after reviewing a few of them they all seemed to have pretty bad reviews and since I run it myself now and I don’t have much spare time to be a proper admin I was hesitant to change. Just checking out Wombat now, their prices are pretty competitive actually! What server management software do they use? Is it called TCAdmin?

Abe
    Participant

They do run TCadmin

carcus
    Keymaster

Still haven’t heard anything. Hopeless.

carcus
    Keymaster

Update 3: After over 2 years with the same provider I have decided to cancel my account with them. Today, after having the support ticket open for nearly two weeks it was automatically closed and the issue not fixed so it was the last straw for me. I have fully backed up all configuration files and the database so everything is still intact. Stay tuned around decisions on whether or not we will be migrating this service. I am very sorry for the issues and outages.

carcus
    Keymaster

Update 4: Abe has kindly donated a server for us to use. It is currently being configured.

Chief
    Participant

Awesome Abe! Is this a temp server to use? or becoming The full time server?

Carcus, Even though I don’t know exactly what you have been through with them, from what I have heard alone I wouldn’t have lasted so long. *high five*

Looking forward to playing, getting over King of the hill.

Thanks again, Keep us updated.

carcus
    Keymaster

The new server is now ready! Bases and config have all been migrated over and timeouts extended. Welcome back and sorry for the extended outage. Be sure to thank Abe in game and on the forums!

Chief; This is now the full time server.

Abe
    Participant

Nice work Carcus, all seems good,

Chief
    Participant

Awesome, All my vehicles are back that disappeared. Yet to check them all to see if they are unlocked.

Thanks Abe, Thanks Carcus. Will see you in game!

Abe
    Participant

We are having some restart issues that are being addressed, And their may be other little clitches happening from time to time, but bare with us, Wombat (the server provider) are working on it now, should be 10 – 20 mins
    Cheers Abe

carcus
    Keymaster

Didn’t see this so I ended up fixing it up, it’s great having some help again :)

Basically the redis database stopped again, I have changed the redis config slightly to replicate what I had in the last server which was stable, hopefully it will help or Wombat come up with a permanent fix.

Cheers Abe.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EpochMod Forum