1) What is the build limit?
Each player gets 125 objects per jammer, you receive an additional 15 objects per group member to a total of 200 base objects. The jammer build range is 75 metres and distance between jammers is 400 metres.
2) What are the different dots on the map?
The dots represent traders. Black = Safe trading zone (you and the traders can’t be killed). Green = A trader who was killed and respawned. Brown = A trader who has lived at least one restart. Red = Dead/Killed trader.
3) What is the cash limit?
4) Do you have a TeamSpeak server?
5) What are the building and vehicle timeouts?
Buildings expire after 3 weeks of not being maintained (option on your jammer). Vehicle locks expire after 10 days if unused.
6) What are the server rules?
No swearing, bullying, trolling, voice in side chat, duping, glitching, hacking, killing or camping at black safe traders. Base raiding is allowed but no takeovers.
7) Are jammers required to build a base?
8) When I try and place a jammer I get an error such as Disallowed Frequency, what does this mean?
It means there is either another jammer nearby or you are trying to build near or in a building that is not permitted. Try placing the jammer in an open area not near other bases or buildings.
9) I can no longer unlock my base doors or vehicles, what should I do?
This typically happens when you have either been removed from a team group or created a new one. It can also happen if you change your in-game name. Either change your name back or ensure when your making group changes that doors and vehicles are unlocked.
10) My vehicles have disappeared or been blown up, why?
There are a couple reasons this can happen. Firstly if you haven’t used your vehicle in 10 days it will unlock and therefore be possible for someone to steal or blow it up. Another scenario is that when the server starts up and initialises, vehicles are lifted up slightly and then rotated 360 degrees. If they are parked close to other objects then during this initialisation they may hit a roof, other parked vehicles, walls or other objects and it may cause them to blow up. Keep all vehicles a good distance away from other objects and keep them locked in your garage where possible.
Issues Installing/Setting Up/Joining
1) How do I install Arma3 EpochMod?
You can either sign up to the Steam Workshop page https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=421839251 or download and install the mod separately via http://epochmod.com/. Using Steam Workshop is not recommended, you should wait until the server is updated first or you will not be able to join unless you rollback. Here is a good link on how to install manually https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=383378860. Ignore the AiA terrain pack install section, it is no longer required.
2) How do I install RyanZombies Mod?
This mod is a compulsory download. If you want to join the server, you have to download it otherwise if will fail with an error that the mod is missing. To download it, login to Steam and subscribe to the mod here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501966277&searchtext=Ryan%27s+Zombies+and+demons. Before launching the game, make sure in the Arma3 Launcher that you enable the mod.
3) How do I roll back EpochMod to the previous version?
See point 1 above for a link on how to manually install with screenshots. Basically you need to download the older version from http://epochmod.com/, then click on ‘Downloads/Client’ and select the previous version found on the right hand side of the website under ‘Legacy Client Downloads’. Once downloaded, extract the zip file and replace it with the one found in your Arma3 game directory typically found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Epoch. Make sure you delete the whole @Epoch directory and contents first before copying over the new @Epoch from the zip file you extracted. Copying over files or extracting to the game directory may cause issues.
4) How do I run Epoch directly through Steam?
In your Steam game library right click Arma3, go to ‘Properties/General/Set Launch Options…’
Delete everything in there and replace with “-nosplash -mod=@Epoch” (no quotes). Now run the game again and it will launch you straight into Epoch mod.
5) How do I update Steam?
Within Steam, click up the top left ‘Steam/Check for steam client updates’
6) How do I updated my video card drivers?
Within Steam, click up the top left ‘Steam/Check for video driver updates’ and install your updated driver.
7) How do I clear my Arma3 cache?
Remove all files in the following directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache
8) How do I verify the integrity of my Arma3 game cache?
– Right click Arma3 in Steam, click ‘Properties/Local Files/Verify Integrity of Game Cache’.
9) I have BattleEye issues, how do I reinstall it?
Your Epoch BattleEye related files are typically found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\BattlEye
Run the UnInstallBE.exe and then run Arma3 in Steam. It should pick up it is missing and reinstall it. If not, the latest BattleEye files you need to drop into those directories can be downloaded directly from the BattleEye website http://www.battleye.com/download.html
10) I am receiving missing files errors, key errors, Epoch version mismatch errors or can no longer run Epoch after Arma3 or EpochMod updated
You will need to wait until the server has been updated to the latest version before you can join again, unless you roll back the updates (following steps 1 and 2 above). Please create a new forum topic and inform us that the game has updated just in case we haven’t seen it yet.
11) When I try and join your server I receive Token Check Failed errors typically after server reboots
This happens when the server is still in the process of starting up. Wait a couple minutes and try joining again.
12) When I try and join your server I receive an error that RyanZombies mod is missing
See point 2 above.
13) I am still not able to join your server
Perform above steps or worst case scenario uninstall and reinstall the game and mod.